Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pensacola Goliath Grouper / South Again Charters / 8 October 2013

WHAT A DAY!!! Today I was joine don a quick 4 hour trip with the Rotert Men. We waited Noon to launch so the winds could lay a bit. We started out trying to land a few slot reds... We managed one slot and a nice Mangrove Snapper before a good Friend called and let me know the Bull Reds were on the surface.

We hauled butt and managed a quadruple hook up on Bulls... Swithched gears and ran back in the Bay and caught a quick limit of Red Snapper and thats when it got good... Made a run to a spot in the Bay hoping to hang a Grouper and got a huge surprise!! We hooked and landed a estimated 100lb Goliath Grouper!! I have been running charters in Pensacola since 1994 and this is the 1st I have ever seen first hand! Unreal, thie fish whooped my Angler and me at the side of the boat while we vented and released it..

What a day!!!!

.... See you out there







Capt. Brad King
South Again Charters
www.southagain.com
www.pensacolafishcharters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment