Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pensacola Charter Fishing


Today was with out question one of the wildest days… EVER!! Today I was joined by Joe, Angie, Jimmy,Pamela and Dudley on a 6 hour Gulf trip. I had planned on catching a few Jacks quick and then hitting one of my favorite little spots for White Snapper and Trigger fish. The Jack plan quickly began to fall apart, the Jacks did not seem to be biting as well as they have the last few weeks.
We did manage to stick a few that I was convinced were Jacks, but we were never able to turn them. After running through our live baits we began pecking around closer to shore looking for some keepers. We managed to catch a couple Lane Snapper and found a really good bite of Whites. That’s when it go interesting, while sitting in 80ft of water two hooking for triggers. Joe and I look off the Port side of the boat to see the BIGGEST wahoo I have ever seen, sitting in the shade of the boat. This fish had to be every bit of 70 lbs. In all my years in the Gulf I have never seen a Wahoo this big. While I stood in shock trying to figure out what to do, Dudley dropped his rig down to the monster.
To my surprise the fish inhaled a dead cigar minnow!!!!!! Dudley had just hooked a monster Wahoo on a Penn 16S International loaded down with 60lb mono. As we quickly tried to spin the boat to give chase, it was all over. The wahoo smoked the line smooth off the reel in what couldn’t have been more than 30-45 seconds! 300 + yards of mono gone………. In seconds!!!! I can’t begin to explain the adrenalin rush I was feeling. ONce again, just another reason why I absoloutely LOVE my job. You just never know what the day is gonna bring. Once you kick ropes and turn it towards the Pass, no amount of planning or fore sight will never ever prepare you for what may happen! Thanks again to Joe and his crew and I hope to see you Guys again next year!!
…………………. See you out there!
Attached Thumbnails
South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-2-jpg   South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-3-jpg   South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-4-jpg  South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-5-jpg   South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-6-jpg
South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-jpg   South Again Charters / 17 May 2012-may-17-2012-joe-trip-7-jpg
__________________
Capt. Brad King
South Again Charters LLC
www.southagain.com
captbrad@southagain.com
Inshore/Nearshore Charters

No comments:

Post a Comment